My year in pictures

Thursday, February 25, 2010

My journey begins







For a long time I have followed my friends blog and she suggested I do one myself. I have finally taken the plunge and set one up.
I am currently working on some quilting projects - one is a block of the month through Cottage Flair in Rotorua - "Twas the Night B4 Xmas" - those of you who know me will understand that this is right up my alley :). On Monday I attended a class with Quilt Artist Mary Transom. It was great and I can't wait to get my machine serviced so I can get it finished - poor machine it is 25 years old and I don't think it appreciates all the work it has been receiving of late. Over Xmas Veronicah and I completed a quilt to send to a dear friend of ours in Madison Wisconsin - the aim was for her to "snuggle" under it but she has decided it is too nice to use and instead is going to hang it on the wall for everyone to see. How nice for people to think so much of your work. My scrapbooking has taken a bit of a backseat at the moment - too many projects and so little time. However I have a friend coming to stay for a few days who is an avid scrapbooker so who knows maybe I will get some done after all. I hope you enjoy the pictures.

1 comment:

  1. The detail of the embellishment comes up really well when I click on the photo. Well done - its a great effort for something that you thought might be too challenging.

    ReplyDelete