My year in pictures

Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Cafe Scene


Well it has been 7 weeks since I blogged and I have been getting a hurry up about it so thought I better get my act together and do something! Keith goes back to work tomorrow after having 7 weeks off. I think he is more than ready for it. We had a lovely visit from our friend Veronicah while he was off which helped give him a change of face to chat to - and drink bourbon with :) . Veronicah made us some gorgeous Halloween / Christmas runners & coasters which I will post a picture of. I haven't done a lot of work on my Xmas quilt - I have the words to finish on block 8 -which I will be doing tonight, then I have blocks 9 & 10 waiting here for me. I was so excited yesterday to be phoned and asked by the Papamoa Patchers to exhibit my bugs quilt in their exhibition next weekend - what a boost to my confidence that was. I have also booked to go and do a girls road trip with one of the local quilting shops later in July. We are starting here with breakfast and then heading off to do a loop through Waihi, Paeora, Te Aroha, Hamilton & Cambridge. I am sure it will be a lot of fun. An absolute highlight for us has been the addition of Onyx to our family. We went and picked him up three weeks ago today and he is just so special - we feel so blessed to have him. He is just the most amazing boy you will ever meet. He loves cuddles and as you will see by the pictures is just spoilt rotten. He certainly is a delight to have around. This weekend him and I have started walking down to one of the local cafe's and getting Keith to meet us there for coffee. It is so much fun - takes a while getting to and from though with all the people he acquaints himself with along the way. He is so good he doesn't even need to be put on the lead - I take it for just in case! I am sure he will find tomorrow a little strange being in his kennel for so long but we will make up for it when we get home - it is great for me as it means I get the exercise I need now as I can't let him down. I hope you enjoy the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment